Monday, November 1, 2010

I am one of the 99

Ok, this time i planned out what to say and i wont loose it on the comp cuz im gonna save it first! This is the fastest transfer ever! Its ridiculous but i think ive learned more in these 4 weeks then i have ( besides the mtc) in the year that iv been here. Yep tomorrow i will have been in argentina for a year. The weather is getting hotter, and everyone just laughs at us and tells us that its still spring, we aren’t even in summer yet. Woohoo! I get to sing “ im dyeing in the sun” every day. But we still enjoy ourselves, there is just no point in trying to wear makeup now. So its easier to get ready in the morning :) soon will be the time for random rain storms, and the other night we had this crazy wind storm, that ws cool it came out of nowhere but all is well. We were just going inside when it started. And now im pro and waching my clothes by hand, new, we are here to learn new talents :)
 So this week started out with my comp loosing her agenda, which wouldn’t have been a big deal. Except for that I don’t have one cuz our office never received more and we don’t have a phone cuz the sister before me lost it. Sooo ya we sit down to plan and don’t have an agenda. Which I don’t think means that much unless you have served a mission and know that its your life. Cuz all of our apt´s, all of our contacts and investigators and their numbers and basically everyone we need to see is in it. So we were a little sad. But we didn’t let it get to us.  First we said a prayer, then we wrote down everything we remembered about the appointments we had this week, then we planned. The next day was the day of the census, so we had to be inside, ( and now il be counted as a resident of argentina for the next 10 years, woohoo) then Wednesday we had time so we decided to go look for the agenda, this was after 2 days in a place where people don’t pick up stuff to return it, but we figured we prayed so we needed to look. We walked into the panadaria ( bakery) in the corner and asked if they had it. Luckily they know us cuz we are regulars and they had it!!!!! Our lives were returned, a happy dance was in store and the work went on. Its something little but I know that our prayers are always answered. 3nefi 18:20 ask and if it is just it will be given. There are little miracles like that every day, sometimes we just forget to notice them.
Right now we are helping Domingo and Florencia get ready for their baptism which has been planned for the 13 of nov.( I can not believe we are in nov!) their son is a member and they have known the church for a long time but it was never there time. Domingo never listened before, but he started to listen to the sisters before I got here, and then her started reading the book of mormon, then he made the decision to quit drinking. And now there family is changing. They spend more time at home together, he is trying to be a dad. Which before wasn’t really of importance to him. There is an amazing change in their family and it is nothing to do with us, but everything to do with the Spirit and the Book of Mormon and their prayers. They stil have issues as a couple or family, but everyone does. But in the 4 weeks that ive been here ive been able to see a change in them and its awesome. These are the blessings that come with the truth of the restored gospel of jesus Christ. Happiness! : ) I love it!
Sorry this is long.. but the other thing that I have been learning is with my comp. we love our comp studies, we just learn great things together. Wednesday when we were inside for the census we studied a talk for 3 hours and it was awesome! Hahaha. I never thought I would ever in my life say that. But it was. I learned so much and then at the end when our brains and spirits were full all we could say is that we knew we were litteraly children of God, He is our father. It’s a fact. Meaning we are royalty. Woop woop, but if we know and understand that our attitudes in life change and we react differently, we understand the reason we are here and where we are going and whats important. Now im not saying that I understand all that, but I did get a little glimpse of it, and it opens a lot of new doors. I know that we have been chosen to be here, here and now for a reason. Its why it took me a year to get my papers done and leave on a mission, cuz I needed to be here with hna. Peniata. Maybe for the people here in oran and maybe for me, im not really sure, but I know it was meant to be and preplanned so that I could learn what im learning.  I think this week was the first time I was able to see that iv changed. Don’t worry I will still be me, but maybe a little nicer, haha. I hope but im grateful to be here. To help others find the joy of knowing that they too are children of a father in heaven that loves them. I hope you all know and feel it as well, and if you don’t feel it deep within you, pray to feel it and search the scriptures and the words of our prophets. I testify that it is the truth.  Le  amo, cada uno de ustedes. Gracias por apoyarme en esta obra de Dios, sé que tengo que estar aqui, esta donde mi padre quiere que yo este.
Mucho besos! Hermana hanson

No comments: