yep its a long one :)
Hola! Hows everyone? All is well, nice and wet but rainy wet, not humid, for once. We had a good week, we knocked a lot last week but didn’t find many people but this week we did.
Dad. Yes we get to see conference! And in English! Our church is the stake center and the missionaries get to watch it in English, there are a lot of us gringos here. And as for my mission stories you are free to use any of the ones I have already told or the ones from today.
There are 3 people that im excited about that we are teaching. I shoudnt say that im excited about all of them, and its always the ones we don’t expect to progress who really do in the long run, but for now we have 3 who seem like they will progress. First is horacio, he was found by my last comp about 5 months ago, we ran into him one time and told him to go start going to church again, but he didn’t progress and had problems with drugs and was hard to teach cuz he is very into philosophy, so they dropped him, and my last comp told me that she wouldn’t teach him again. But after we saw him he was at church every week and I felt like maybe we should teach him but it wasn’t gonna happen. Then the first Sunday here with hermana Petersen he sat infront of us in class and totally started talking about faith and what it was to him, and it was powerfull. I was totally surprised and then after church he finds me to tell me that on april 8 he will be 90 days drug free, that he wants to take the lessons again and that he wants to be baptized. Haha I said ok what else could I say. So we taught him Wednesday at the church with a member. (Really it helps so muchto havemembers present!! Espically when we don’t understand everything) he has an awesome testimony of the book of mormon, he believed it before he believed in the book or mormon, and he loved moroni so much and hefelt he was true that joseph smith had to be true, but my favorite part is that he said the book or mormon is what helped him quit the drugs. That everything he had heard and read of the world told him he couldn’t do it, but the book or mormon told him he could. He needed that hope, and something my last comp had told him, that he was special and had a purpose, I think because someone else believed he was worth something and a child of God it gave him permission to believe it too. That’s the gospel at work, its nothing I did but im ok with that. That it the true healing power of this gospel, its amazing!
Ok the other story is long too but I don’t have much time to tell it. But we taught this man last night, but we went to teach his wife, they are both super nice. We were supposed to teach them last week but they couldn’t and then we scheduled it for Sunday cuz they would both be home. We ended up really just teaching him, he had been frustrated with God and felt like he was doing this life on his own, and didn’t understand why there was sop much bad in the world, we just opened up the BOM and started teaching and he felt it. We could see the peace that came over him. Then we taught lesson 1 the restoration to explain the BOM, the whole lesson was good, not by our part, I don’t even remember what we said, but I do remember that I felt comfortable teaching, I felt like my self and we were teaching a friend, someone we cared about because we wanted him to have this happiness in his life. I was asking all kinds of questions and he would give us heart felt thought out answers. It was really cool, this really doesn’t happen that often. Haha. So at the end I asked him how he felt throughout the lesson and he said great, so I asked if he felt these things were true after he prayed if he would get baptized, he said yes but he already felt they were true, they we came at a time in his life when he needed hope, and we answered his doubts, hahah then we gave him a fecha for the 17 and he asked at what time? It will beat 6.:)
It was a good week because I could see the little miracles of the mission, the gospel changing lives, I was thinking and I have yet to see someone I find get baptized, but if the mission is counted in baptisms it could be depressing, the mission is measured in miracles, and we see them everyday. Its great. Those are what keeps us going. Love you all. Thanks for the love! Take care. And spread the word!
Peace out- hermena hanson
No comments:
Post a Comment