Monday, October 4, 2010

oran! heat and bugs my 2 favorite words!

Hola family! 

First for the fun news! I got transferred! Its always exciting to go somewhere new. I feel bad that its not ridiculously hard for me to change areas, my comp says that’s its always hard for her, but I think it has to do with me being use to moving around a lot, with school and super camp. Ive gotten use to saying goodbye to people I love. But I know il see them again one day.  

So where am I now? Im in Oran, Salta. Where I have been told there are the most bugs and the hottest climate in the mission, this area 4 3 months ago was an area of elders but they just opened it for hermanas. And as a welcome home, within my first 20 min I got 2 bug bites woohoo!   but im excited to be here, my companion is hermana Peniata, from minasota. She is awesome! Iv met her before, when my comp was recovering from her operation we stayed at her house. She is full or energy and love for everyone! she played volleyball for byu Hawaii before the mission. 

Conference was amazing, we watched it in our stake building, where about 10 or more wards went, ya a lot of people, we had a room for the missionaries who watch in English, for the Sunday morning session there were so many people we ran out of chairs and gave up ours so people could sit in the halls and listen. It was a pretty funny sight to see all the elders sitting on the floor listening to conference, but it was still powerful. I love hearing the voices of our prophets. It brings a different kinds of peace to the soul. My favorite talks where elder Hollands and brother Arnolds I think. About his daughter who who with the cows and the one cow didn’t want to listen and wanted to eat the wheat on the other side of the fence, even though it killed her.  Animal stories always get to me : ) but I really like that one, its how I feel sometimes as a missionary. There are some many things that the Lord asks us to do because he wants to protect us, most of the time we don’t understand why and cant see the reason behind it so we shrug it off.  I know that the Lord would never give us a commandment just cuz he felt like it. He has a grand plan and everything we are asked to do had a part in it.  All of his commandments are to bless us, all we need to do it fallow him , its not as hard as we make it out to be. Read the Book of Mormon and pray always! And the rest comes easier. I love this gospel, I love the hope it brings to people, its it the only truth in this life that can fill the emptiness that comes from the hardships of life. Through faith in  our savior Jesus Christ we can smile again.

Last night we finally for to see fabiana, if you remember her, she was the one who accepted to be baptized the day we met her. For the last 3 weeks her mom was in the hospital, we hadent seen her and every time we talked on the phone she was worse. We called the other day and she told us that her mom had died. She didn’t wasn’t to see us, she didn’t want to see anyone, she was angry at life and God. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to see her again before I left. We went by last night and she came out even though she didn’t want to. We had randomly asked a member, Marisel, to be with us whose ( we had forgotten this at the time) grandma had just  died about 3 months ago.  We talked and Fabiana was sad, more than sad, the sad that comes from lack of hope. She wanted to know that her mom was ok, that she was happy and in a good place. That she wasn’t suffering and that she would be able to see her again. All of the questions that are answered by our Savior. So we explained that her mom needs to receive a baptism as well to be able to live with her Father in Heaven and be happy, that she could do the work for her mom, but first  she needed to take care of herself and be baptized. She already wanted to be baptized but we weren’t sure because it had been so long since we had seen her. But she just said, you put the date and I will be ready for it.  I have never in the mission met anyone who is so willing to trust in our father in heaven and change her life. I feel so blessed to have known Fabiana and seen her find hope, its something amazing and indescribable to feel the love of our Father in Heaven for her and know that she is on the right path.  

Then after the amazing spiritual moment my comp turns to me and says, “now my comp has something to tell you”  then I lost it, totally started to ball. It’s the the first time I cried because I left an area, but it was mostly because I was so gratefull the fabiana has found hope and faith and then sad cuz I wont be there to see her get baptized and help her along the way. But I know that she will be in good hands, the members already support and love her and she has angels watching over here. This is the work of my lord and redeemer Jesus Christ, I am but a servant in his grand plan and im honored and blessed to be here and bare testimony of His marvelous atonement. 

I love you all and wish you faith. Have faith, doubting nothing.

Con todo mi amor! Hermana Hanson

No comments: