Monday, September 20, 2010

dying in the sun

its great to hear how everyone is doing! And im liken the new list for Christmas rotations, nice one steve, but the way it works is that the people we have  have us in return? Ok. Am I excluded this year or do I get to participate? Maybe il just send it home with an elder who is headed that  way.

This week flew by again, and like everyone who writes me I cant think of what to say when I  actually sit down to write. :)  I can tell you that the mission is changing. All missions are changing,  they are teaching differently in the mtc and they are starting to bring it here. Its fun to be apart of it. The way we teach and our key indicators and now we have zone conference every other transfer and then we don’t have conference we have interviews with the president, before it was both every transfer. In our district meetings we are learning to be better teachers, its what we are focusing on now;We are here to teach. Not just lecture. We teach because we want then to feel the Spirit, if they don’t feel it there is really no reason for us to be there, we don’t teach them, the Spirit does. So we need to be ready to teach by the Spirit, so he can enter their hearts. The best way for them to learn to feel the Spirit is through reading the Book of Mormon. If they read it with out the Spirit they don’t change, its just another book, but when read with the guidance of the Spirit it changes lives. I know cuz iv seen it happen, and ive felt my life change.

  Something interesting I learned this week from the bible, in Mark, when Christ goes up the mountain with peter, james and jon and then comes down, everyone marvels at them. Anybody know why? Its cuz they glowed. Their faces were shiny, its because they  had to be transfigured to be able to see the glory of God in Christ, Moses and Elias. Im gonna try to explain it better. To be able to see the Glory of God we need to be pure and filled with His light, but these scriptures and other that correspond that I cant remember at this moment, explain that it is a real light, its not just a figure of speech. People glow after they have been in the presence of God. (look for the reference, its in the old testament) It’s the light that Joseph Smith used to describe the first vision, and the angel Moroni when he was guided to the book of Mormon. It’s a light that everyone who has been baptized has received, it’s the light we can see in people when they are true and righteous. Before the mission I didn’t understand the expression when people talked about the light in peoples eyes, but I know that its real, and I have been able to witness it here on the mission. There is a difference in the light people have, the closer to our Father in Heaven we are the more light we show, there are so many scripture about “ let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in Heaven” and others, about a light in a city that can not be hid, and hiding a candle under a bushel, but now these sayings have a different meaning for me, I know that they are true, it is a tangible light that shines forth from us when we are worthy and obedient and follow our Savoir Jesus Christ. I cant say that this is doctrine, its me talking but its how I feel.  I want to invite all of you to share your light, and look for it in others.  I love you all , I am doing good, always learning. thanks for your love and prayers.  Take luck and care for it.

Con todo mi Corazon!
Hermana Hanson

No comments: