Hola fam! I guess i never told you but yes that guy that had the drug problems did get baptized, we kept in contact with the elders to make sure, but ya! He is a member and a hole new person, from what I hear he is doing great. Im afraid to hear about a convert going inactive but it happens all the time, its when they need the most support cuz they just made a huge change and are still a little nervous and don’t understand soo many things, but ya.
Ok more about my area, all we teach are teenagers! Haha not really , but just about. Its cool but kinda weird, the only people that listen are teenagers but its ok cuz we have a ton of youth to help us out in the branch. Right now are 2 main investigators are 16 and 17 one is friends with a couple of kids in the branch, and he is really interested, we taught all of the restoration and the plan of salvation in one sitting, ya that’s a lot to take in all at once, but he did and still had questions, good questions. And then the 17 year old is Julieta and her mom Claudia, they are cool and both interested and have already started reading the book of mormon and hopefully will keep it up. I like teaching the youth, its what I do, and I feel so much more comfortable teaching and we can use dorkey examples that totally work. Its fun.
I learned something new, ( cuz really all I know to tell you is what iv learned, I don’t know what else you want to know) but I got a little bit of understanding of the roll and pain of being a mother. There is a recent convert, Julia, in our ward. She is amazing. Loves the church! Is always studying the books and learning more. She was the only one of her family who got baptized, she has 3 kids who are all teenagers and kinda rebellious, but good kids. We are trying to work with her family more, its kida hard to get them to listen to us, but we are getting on their good side. But she also has a daughter who committed suicide. We were talking to her yesterday and about how badly she wants her kids to accept the gospel, she knows its true and it’s the only way for her to have an eternal family. It was so hard to see her suffer because her family wont accept the truth, she has already lost one child and she is afraid of loosing the others, but she is so strong and knows that heavenly father will answer her prayers one day. So we are working hard to help as well, but dang, mothers are amazing, the amount of pain that they go through for their children is ridiculous and it truly is a divine calling. So to my mother and all other mothers, thank you. Truly and deeply thank you for all you do and go through and suffer through, thank you for your faith and example.
And dads rock too.
I love you all. San Pedro is treating me well
Have a great week.
Love hermana hanson
No comments:
Post a Comment