Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I got more pics,
there is me and my comp, hna blouin,

and some of our trip to humawaca, see the crazy mountians.
My bug bites, thats the worst its ever been
and my eating christmas eve dinner, hahaha

So ya sorry about the mis- information, we got a note saying p-days were changed but then Sunday night we got a call saying that didnt start till next week cuz its a new transfer. So polly mentioned how horrible my letters are spelling wise, but thats cuz we write them on word first and it likes to change my words because it doesn't recognize them in english, and cuz most of the letters on the keyboards are erased : ) Wow, glad to hear the fam is doing well, haha. Kinda.. not. How did dad get the sore on his toe?

Mom I loved everything in the packages, and the socks are great, I like the tan ones the most, they are light on my feet.

So the last time I wrote, I mentioned that we were about to teach a guy who wants help with his family. It was a good lesson, he had a ton of questions but then kept saying that we were giving him too much information. I think he was afraid of when I started talking cuz I kept making him say he would read or pray, or do something. But he also told us that he is having a hard time with his wife who isn't really his wife becasue they aren't married, but they have been together for 10 years, (ya thats what they do here) but that he wanted to have a stronger family.

Then we taught his “wife” last night. she is just the same, full of questions, and the whole time I didn't feel the spirit very strong because we were just telling her the facts and answering her questions. It wasn't 'till the end of the lesson when I mentioned families in my testimony that she opened up to us. We started teaching a whole new lesson, she knows english pretty well and didn’t want her daughter to understand us so we switched to english, which was awesome for me. And we taught about families and how important it is to pray and read together. After this she seemed like she really wanted the gospel in her life, if for no other reason then to save her family. It was really cool, and I was able to testify in english. Which I do a lot better then in spanish. We have hope for them. They have 2 daughters who could both be baptised, now we want to teach them together, its weird bcause I don’t know how to counsel people in marriage, but I do know that it is a 3 way relationship, so we went off of that. The family is the most important unit in this life and it starts with marrage. Again it makes me thankful for the way i've grown up. And to live in the US, it really is the promissed land, says so in nephi 13. : ) so they are our new focus.

Sadly soledad is no longer. haha That sounds like she died, she didn’t die, she is still our friend. But we are not here to make friends we are here to teach and she doesn’t want to be baptised because she doesn’t like the book of mormon, not at all. When she reads she finds things that make her doubt more and not like nephi as a person. Its because there is "bad" in the book of mormon, like wars and other stuff. But that is how life is, we are always fighting a war, the stories in the book of mormon are how with the help of our Father in Heaven we can get through the wars and find joy, through Christ. Its weird and I'm not sure I can explain it, it's hard and we still love her, the only thing that helps is to keep teaching to other people, and keep spreading the word, so we do.

This is the last week of my 2nd transfer, crazy. 3 months passed fast. We don’t fell like we are changing but never know, next week I might be somewhere else, this will be hermana blouin´s last transfer. I could be the one to kill my "mom". ( kill is like she is leaving the mision, and she is my mom because she trained me) We work well together and I have learned a lot from her. She knows the scriptures really well, in a lesson I just turn an ask, “ where is that scripture about….” And she finds it, haha its awesome. But I am learning them too. : )

Mom can you find me lizzy shattucks mission address and send it to me?? Porfavor. Thanks for all the love and prayers, I love you!

–hermana hanson.

No comments: